This is the first Friday in quite some time that I am not traveling to see my husband. The kids and I traveled yesterday to my mom’s house instead. The husband’s parents are traveling to spend a weekend with him! He is bummed about not seeing us but trying to hide it because his mom is so excited to get her baby for a weekend all to herself!
Time for a fill-in. Thanks Wifey.
1. Are you a different person than you were five years ago? submitted by Sisterly Thoughts Yes, dramatically different. Five years ago, we were waiting to adopt our first child. I was reaching the point where I thought I was never going to be a mom. (In the interest of honesty, we had only been waiting for about 3 months. But we had been told we would have a baby within a month, so I felt there must be something wrong with us!) Motherhood has changed me in so many ways. My kids’ needs have changed me in even more. And, my husband joining the Army has shown me just how strong and capable I am.
2. If you could go on Amazing Race, who would you take with you as your partner and why? submitted by Thoughts from a Poekitten Well, I have never watched this show, so I am really not sure… My husband is my biggest supporter and takes care of me, so maybe him. But, my dad is one of those people who knows everything and can fix anything, so maybe him…
3. Does Facebook or Twitter actually bring more stress or good in to your life? submitted byJust an Arizona Girl Good! I am anal about cleaning out my Facebook friends. My motto on Facebook is: If I am not comfortable enough to ask the person to house-sit when I am out of town, I get rid of them! That way I do not worry about someone breaking in when I am out of town! And Twitter is awesome! I have met so many great mil-spouses on there that have taught me so much. It is my go to site for military questions!
4. June is National Soul Food Month- what’s your soul food? submitted by NH Girl Displaced Homemade mac and cheese!
5. If you could live in any other era than the current, which one would it be & why? submitted by Sugar in My Grits Probably the ’50s. In some ways I am very old fashioned and would thrive with the submissive wife role. But, did they have air conditioning back then? Because if not, I would never make it. I am such a prissy, girly-girl…