It’s Friday again! It has been a whirlwind of a week, which I will talk about next week! Thanks Wife of a Sailor.
1. What is one of the things you always do special when your husband returns from a deployment? submitted by Keep Calm and Soldier On We have not yet encountered a deployment. For the separations, I make sure the entire house is clean and I have his favorite foods stocked to cook!
2. What do you do to help your spouse and/or yourself re-adjust after a deployment or long separation? submitted by Diapers, Dogs and Deployments I have not gone through this, so not sure!
3. Are you a crazy coupon clipper (I’m becoming one, so share your secrets with me)? submitted by Married My Airman No. I want to be though. I am going to do some research on it and see what I can figure out.
4. What’s your most treasured memory of you and your spouse (not counting your wedding – that’s a given)? submitted by Scrubs, ACUs and One Crazy Ride The day we got the phone call about our first son. He had potential medical issues. I did quick research, gathered everything up, and rushed to my husband’s work to tell him about the baby. He asked one question: “Is this a condition where he is going to die as a child?” I said no and he told me to call the agency and ask when we could pick him up! I have never loved the man more than I did at that moment! (As an aside Thing1 did not end up with the condition they suspected at birth. The current medical issues were not apparent until after he turned 2.)
5. If you could live anywhere overseas, what would you pick and why? submitted by Little Moments Like This Somewhere in Europe. Maybe Italy. I like Europe because it is easy to travel to so many awesome places. I loved the food in Italy, too! (German food was not so great when I was there…)