I am going to attempt to do this 100 Facts About Me thing being hosted by Megan. I don’t know if I can even come up with 100 things, but I will try. I am going to break it up into 4 posts. I have not yet fully figured out how to break it up. The first post will be general info about me!
1. I am the middle child.
2. I have 2 sisters.
3. I was raised by a working class dad and stay at home mom.
4. My parents are still happily married today!
5. I was raised Catholic.
6. I graduated from the University of Notre Dame. (Yes I have a $200,000 brain and choose to stay home and wipe butts all day!)
7. Going to a Catholic college made me turn away from Catholicism. I am now a practicing non-denominational Christian.
8. I have 8 aunts and 7 uncles that are living.
9. When my mom’s family gets together for holidays, we rent a place because there are at least 70 people! This is just my aunts, uncles, and cousins. No extended people beyond that!
10. Thing2 was born on March 10. We got a phone call that day asking if we wanted to be presented to his mother as a possible adoptive family. Clearly, we said yes!
11. March 11 we got a phone call that we had been selected to be parents to Thing2!
12. If money was not an issues, I would have at least 6 kids.
13. March 13, Thing2 was placed in my arms by his NICU nurse. He was discharged to us later that day.
14. March 14, Thing2’s birth mom signed away her rights and we knew he was really ours!
15. Armydad was born on December 15.
16. I have one living grandparent. He is turning 80 next month and is in great health!
17. I have 2 nephews.
18. I have 6 nieces.
19. I will have a new niece or nephew in September!
20. Thing1 was born on July 20.
21. I was born on November 21.
22. I was 15 when I started dating Armydad.
23. Armydad proposed to me on December 23.
24. I am a Democrat.
25. I am VERY liberal in my political leanings. For some reason all of my friends and family are conservative. Makes for interesting conversations…