I love doing these fill-ins. It is a great way for me to connect without milspouses. Thanks Wife of a Sailor! Here goes:
1. What do you see your life like in 10 years? I think hubby will still be active Army. (According to him, he will be JAG corp by then!) Thing 1 will be thriving. We will have a couple more Things! I will still be staying home, managing the house, raising the kids, loving my life!
2. What do you like most about your job? I never miss anything. I never miss a first word, a new saying, etc. I am there for all of it. Plus, I can be the medical advocate that Thing 1 needs. I don’t have a boss breathing down my neck about personal phone calls and time off for doctor visits.
3. What are three things you do every day, no matter what day it is? Change diapers… Feed myself! (And the kids, of course!) Check e-mail and Facebook.
4. What would you do with an extra five hours in the day today? Finish my to-do list. Then read a book!
5. What is your favorite Christmas (or whichever holiday you celebrate) cookie recipe (please share!)? I guess it would have to be my sugar cookie recipe. Here it is: 3 1/2 cups flour, 2 tsp. cream of tartar, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 cup butter, 1 1/2 cup sugar, 3 eggs, 1 tsp. vanilla Mix the dry ingredients and sit aside. Mix the wet ingredients. Add dry ingredients slowly to wet. Refrigerate overnight. I use a cookie press, but you can also roll them out and cut shapes. Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes. Icing: 4 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 tsp. vanilla, milk – I do not have an exact measurement for milk. I mix all ingredients together and add milk until it is the consistency I want! I am well known for these cookies! I take them to every get together.
Thanks for another great fill in!